THERE ARE SEVERAL ADVANTAGES TO PREPARING COFFEE WITH A FRENCH PRESS: IT’S EASY TO USE, YOU CAN PREPARE A LARGE AMOUNT OF COFFEE IN ONE GO AND HAVE 1 LITER OF IT READY IN 4 MINUTES – FOR EVERYONE WHO NEEDS A QUICK CAFFEINE FIX.
- 55 – 70 g coffee, medium-coarse ground
- ca. 1000 g water
- French Press
Heat your water.
Preheat the French Press with hot water and then pour it out again.
Grind the coffee. Depending on how you prefer your brew, you can vary the amount of coffee.
Now put the ground coffee in the beaker of the French Press.
Start the stopwatch and fill your French Press with half of the water. Make sure that the coffee powder is evenly mixed with the water.
After a minute, stir the coffee-water mixture to break up the crust of coffee that has formed on the surface.
Pour in the remaining amount of water.
Place the plunger lid on top of the beaker and press it down until the coffee residue on the surface is submerged.
After about 4 minutes, slowly press down the plunger.
Enjoy your brew!
- Use freshly ground coffee if possible.
- Always brew with a scale and stopwatch.
- Be brave and vary the amount of coffee until you find the optimal taste profile for you.
- After brewing, the coffee should be consumed directly or transferred to another container (e.g. thermos) to avoid over-extraction and thus bitterness.